The Move Campaign
Why and How to Give
The Reserve needs your help in building our new location where our cats can live and people can see and experience the awesome presence of these great animals. NOW is the time to give as NOW NEVER WAITS.
Giving is about legacies. As you give consideration to your participation in The Move Campaign, we hope your gift will be a lasting legacy as well. It can also be in honor of in memory of a loved one by “claiming” (on a first to give basis) a place or space at the Reserve that is permanently named after them.
Outright Gifts of Cash
Pledges of cash gifts, the most needed form, are most welcome. Cash gifts allow the Reserve to meet the cash flow requirements of the move and construction costs to build the new facility. Cash gifts provide an immediate tax deduction to donors depending on their tax situation.
Gift of Appreciated Securities
A tax deduction for a gift of securities (corporate stock, or bonds, or mutual funds) may be greater than a cash gift provided your base (the amount you paid) is lower than its current appreciated value. The Reserve will sell the securities and apply the proceeds to the campaign fund.
By giving real estate you avoid the difficulties of selling property and pay no capital gains taxes. Our research must indicate that we can sell the property. The proceeds from the sale are then applied to the campaign fund.
Long Term Investments That Pay Income to Donors
Trusts can be established where you as the donor can receive income during your lifetime and at the same time provide income to the Reserve. Various trust gifts allow donors to reserve a major tax-deduction for establishing charitable trusts. Please consult your legal adviser.
Some companies match employee or retired employee gifts dollar for dollar or even more than the amount given or pledged. Please check with your employer about terms and conditions.
Impact of Reserve
The potential ecological, educational, and economic impact of the Central Florida Animal Reserve in St. Cloud and Osceola County is as follows:
- Students will be able to engage core standards in a ‘living laboratory’ among some of the rarest creatures in the world
- Expansion of outdoor learning opportunities through real-life application of knowledge
- Learning the value of conservation in conjunction with our educational partners at Forever Florida, an eco-tourism destination
- A destination for kids from primary through secondary education with tiered programs designed to grow with the learner
- Educators will have an opportunity to expand their professional repertoire beyond the classroom with opportunities to lead practical experiences
- It will support college and career readiness by providing more in depth opportunities for specialized subjects such as veterinary care, animal husbandry, construction and design, business and marketing, and more.
- Be a draw to the area and increase the reach and reputation of eco-tourism in Osceola County
- Provide unique experiences that will extend stays in Osceola County and the surrounding region which will benefit service industries such as hotels, restaurants, retail stores, and service stations
- Additionally, the capital improvements and necessary maintenance will require non-outsourced labor opportunities for Osceola residents
- Growth over time will provide potential job opportunities of various levels that include entry level through professional.
About The Move!
After being located in Brevard County, Florida for 18 years, Central Florida Animal Reserve is moving near Forever Florida in Osceola County, Florida. The reserve is dedicated to the preservation of the great cats. The Brevard Board of County Commissioners provided us with a timeframe to remove the facility from its current location due to zoning issues. This coincides with our need to expand our operation to accomplish educational and outreach goals.
This 501-c-3 non-profit organization serves big cats rescued from life-threatening situations, exploitation, and inappropriate living conditions. The Reserve is on a mission to presreve these magnificent animals and advocate for sustaining their habitats before they are extinguished from the Earth. We are an all volunteer organization with no paid staff. our budget is totally dependent on philanthropic gifts to raise necessary funds to move the cats to St. Cloud, build the new facility, and to have a sufficient operating budget.
UPDATE- 8/15/15 – Electrical permit obtained! Barns are all framed! We have enclosed one full barn and now need to do so for the remaining barns on site and install electrical.
Donate online to The Move Campaign
Summary of Project Costs
|Buildout of St. Cloud Reserve:||$770,000|
|Moving the Cats to St. Cloud with the assistance of Veterinarians:||$130,000|
|Reserve and operating expense:||$100,000|
|Total Campaign Goal||$1,000,000|
Progress to Date
|Gifts & Grants to Date:||$657,000|
|Pledges to Date:||$50,000|
Donors can claim a place of space and name it in honor of a person or company of their choosing or make a lasting legacy in memory of a loved one.
Sponsorship of “Little Critters” – $8,000